What You Love

August 23, 2010

Welcome Monday

With only a little bit of summer left, and school around the corner this Mom, who is also an elementary teacher, loves this time of year. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay at home right now with my 2 beautiful children, but I can feel it in the air. Clean classrooms, new decorations, new supplies, excitement for the New Year and the new kids.

I love watching the progress that my class has made from the beginning of they year to the end. This year I will not experience that, rather, I will only see them for a few short months at the end of the school year. However, I will have the joys of seeing my own children, the two most important little people in my word, grow and experience many new things. I will watch my 2 year old turn into a 3 year old, get to listen to his stories and songs. I will be able to see my 6 month old sit, crawl and eventually walk. These are things that I can never get back. Things that if I was working I would miss. Teaching will always be there, with the clean smells and new classroom & supplies with new kids, but my kids will only go through this once. And as I said earlier, I am so grateful and fortunate to be able to spend this amazing time with my own children. I plan to cherish these moments and love my children every day, teaching the values and virtues that are important in my family. Because, before I know it, it will be them showing the excitement for the new school year with the new teacher, new classroom and new supplies.


No comments: